Look for the classic signs of poisoning in dogs including gastrointestinal distress (diarrhea and vomiting), mouth sores and irritation, weakness, appetite loss, a lack of coordination, seizures and collapse.Be sure to tell the veterinarian the amount that was swallowed and any symptoms." Veterinarians will want to know the cause of any poisoning in order to decontaminate and detoxify the patient.It is believed that, after a tick encounter, some people’s immune systems begin to treat alpha-gal as an allergen. The lone star tick—which is not named for the state of Texas, but for the single white spot on the backs of females—was once confined to the ‘tick belt’ of the Southeastern U.S., but has increasingly been found further into Western and Northern states.
Researchers believe the tick passes on a kind of carbohydrate called alpha-gal that is present in meat.
Can lead to renal failure since it believed that dogs cannot metabolize part of the fruit.
Since fruits cannot be broken down, they stay in the gastrointestinal system for a long time. After 12 to 24 hours symptoms of grape or raisin poisoning can include vomiting, diarrhea, anorexia (appetite loss0, abdominal pain, bad breath, diarrhea.
This can result in large urine output over which the dog has no control, which in turn causes dehydration and the dog to be more thirsty.
As the kidney failure progresses it can lead to a diminished capacity to urinate.Some breeds are more sensitive than others such as German Shepherds.